Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Right Tools for the Job


Have you ever tried to open a can with your teeth?  Of course not.  You need the right tool, namely a can opener. Verses in the Bible cover any situation  that arises.  The catch is Jesus is who needs to be the one to choose  the tool/verse.
The right verse to claim for someone who is tired and overwhelmed by problems might be  Isa. 50:4 "I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary."  (KJV)  The verse that meant a lot to me when I was saved, was John 6:37 "him that comes to me, I will in no wise cast out." (KJV) For someone like me who was always chosen last for games, this verse sounded pretty good to me. The man with palsy that was lowered through the roof needed to hear his sins were forgiven, before being healed.  (Mark 2:1-12)
The right verse is like finding the right tool for the job.  It is a temptation to use a verse about not stealing to a man in jail, but that is not necessarily what he needs to hear.  He may actually need to first hear John 3:16 that God loves him before he is able to receive other verses.
Spending time in the Bible daily keeps the verses fresh in your mind where Jesus can use them.  Luke 21:15 says "For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist."  (KJV) This is a verse that not only covers the verse to say but also the words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment