Wednesday, September 24, 2014

God Likes Details


Image result for image lace shawl


Doing a knitted lace shawl for the first time was a challenge.  The instructions were in chart form when I was used to written instructions.  I knew what the stitch symbols on the chart meant.

I started off good, but the stitch count was wrong.  I couldn't find where I was getting off and I kept losing my place on the chart.  I ripped it out time and time again. I was getting more and more frustrated.  I finally gave up and asked God for help. Immediately my eyes quit jumping around and I could keep my place in the row.

The next night, I started having the same problem again, jumpy eyes and wrong stitch count. I don't know how long I worked on it, but I finally asked God for help.  He pointed out to me how much time I had spent on the shawl as compared to how much time I spent in the Bible with Him. I was ashamed and asked for forgiveness and eventually completed the shawl.

I was thinking it was too small and not urgent to ask God for help.  We are to acknowledge Him in all things (Prov 3:6, KJV). And if He has our hairs numbered, you know He likes details. We need to come to Him daily and not leave Him as the last resort.


No comments:

Post a Comment