Friday, March 8, 2019


Entangled

Thought for the day: Stand fast there in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1, KJV

            While knitting a hard lace pattern late at night, I kept making mistakes. I corrected them, then corrected the corrections.  I lost track of how many times I took it out, even way back to the start. And all I could show for it was tangled yarn.
            Knitting in itself is not a bad thing, but letting my mind be entangled in the pattern prevented me from heeding God’s command to go to bed. I did not want to admit God would not let me finish at least one row that night. I finally let go and went to bed.
            I became entangled with this world’s affairs. When something goes continually wrong, it is time for me to invite God to tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I should be doing. I still struggle with letting go, but since then, I feel freer to let go and let God have His way.

Prayer: I invite You to help me with my problems and not to become entangled in this world’s affairs. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment