Wednesday, April 10, 2019

This is not exactly a poem. It is based on what Psalms are like.

The Other Half

Why are there churches so large, their membership can barely be counted?
Why do television preachers own private jets and million dollar mansions?
What am I doing wrong?
The unrighteous say you can get everything you want from God.
Just plant your seed by giving us your money, then reap your reward.
Look at Abraham and Jacob, how rich they became.
You just have to say it and claim it.

My God says
“Have you looked in a mirror?
Like cleaning only half your face, you are ignoring the other half of My truth.
You say look at Abraham and Jacob. I say look again.
Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son.
When was the last time, you were willing to sacrifice a meal for the poor?
Look at Jacob. Jacob tricked his father into giving him the blessing.
Then Jacob’s father-in-law tricked Jacob into marrying the sister of his bride to be.
Repent and let Me teach you how to walk by faith and not by sight.”

God owns the cows on a thousand hills.
But I do not want to always be asking for things.
It is when I confess and repent of my sins that I have peace in my heart.
I believe more in Your Word to mankind than my feelings.
Your mercy extends to me.
It extends to all people. Your truth extends to all generations.
May I always look in the mirror of Your Word and keep my whole face clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment