Tuesday, February 5, 2019

When You Need Strength

     When I think of  "strength" I think of physical strength. Psalm 18 talks about God's kind of strength. He talks of hailstones and coals of fire. But more importantly to me, he talks about emotionally strength, strength that is needed to go through trials that work on the mind and emotions.
      King David, who wrote the Psalm, went through trials just like me, except his trials were much bigger and involved more people. Psalm 18:32 says, "It is God who arms me with strength." Satan  laughs at our strength, our resolve, our determination, or whatever we want to call it. It takes it to a whole new level to get God's strength involved. The same verse says, "And makes my way perfect." There is a way through trials. There are also a lot of trip hazards. But it is God who makes the perfect way of what we are to do. If the battle or the trial is too strong for us, He picks us up and carries us through it Himself.
     The Psalmist ends by singing and giving thanks, even among Gentiles, or in my case, unbelievers.

No comments:

Post a Comment