Wednesday, May 8, 2019

God, Faith and Promises


These quotes are from With Christ in the School of Prayer  by Andrew Murray.

The power to believe a promise depends entirely on faith in the promiser. p. 75

Faith in the promise depends on my knowledge of the promiser. p. 76

Faith is simply surrender; I yield myself to the impression that the words I hear make on me. p.77

Faith looks to God more than thing promised. p.78

In faith, you make God your own; the promise will be yours too. p. 79

Faith is fellowship.

God's promise will be to us what God Himself is. p. 79


I highly recommend the book, but it is not an easy read. There are a lot of long sentences and I read the book 2 or 3 times to get the full impact. It was written in the 1800s and Google had it for free.





No comments:

Post a Comment