Sunday, June 1, 2014

Trusting Releases Faith

     I've been getting frustrated that I need a second car, but can't afford any under 125,000 miles.  It's easy to think up reasons why things will be worse if I don't get one.  I will not be able to go to doctor appointments because my daughter has the car.  My daughter and I will be carless if the one vehicle we have breaks down. How will she get to work?

     I asked a missionary I know how he dealt with these kinds of fear.  He said, "I have learned to have no fear."  In fact, he saw problems as a challenge. He was excited by the opportunity to see how God would work out his problem.

   That's a tremendous amount of trust.  Slowly I am learning to pray, leave things in God's hands, then forge ahead with my best guess as to what to do.

Thought for the day: Trust is like when a child hands a wounded puppy into the hands of a veterinarian.



No comments:

Post a Comment