Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Behold, All Things Are Become New

2 Cor. 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature:  old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

     When I think of all my bad habits, I get discouraged.  I knit or crochet rather than clean house.  I put off washing dishes.  I'm not as friendly as I should be because I will be ashamed if I can't remember their name.
      The Bible promises that if we are in Christ, we are a new creature.  It is comforting to think that my old habits that have caused so many problems are now old things that have passed away.
     But it doesn't happen all at once. We are only given a down payment on our righteousness (2 Cor. 5:5).  But it is encouraging to see it happen at all.

Experiencing Jesus' righteousness as your own is like losing a tooth.  When feeling for old thoughts, attitudes, and feelings, they simply aren't there.  They still exist, if kept and claimed, but it is no longer a part of you. And like a growing child who has lost its tooth, new and better thoughts, attitudes, and desires take its place.



No comments:

Post a Comment