Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Counterfeit Jesuses


Image result for image comic book heroes


I watched the movie "Fire Down Below" with Steven Segal and I liked it.  I asked God why I liked it. God showed me 17 ways in which the hero of the story was a counterfeit Jesus.

Ps 44:6 says not to trust in bow nor in sword. Comic book heroes have their equipment.  Thor has his hammer. Spiderman has his silk. And one them has a shield. They all have supernatural powers like Jesus.

The heroes' attitude is all wrong. Sure, they seem humble, but they are not humble enough to ask God for help.  They are dependent on luck rather than God's timing. They reason things out rather than have faith in God.

I didn't realize that Satan works that subtely. We don't even know we are being fooled, so we can't reason it out. We need the Bible to judge stories and characters accurately.  We are told to try the spirits (I John 4:1, KJV).

I can watch the movie now, but it doesn't have the hold or power on me that it did.  I don't even want to watch it.  We need to make sure our children believe in Jesus, not superheroes.


No comments:

Post a Comment