Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stretching My Faith


Image result for image testing faith


My daughter went to Australia alone for ten days.  I was worried about it, but I didn't tell her because I didn't want to pass on my fears. So, since she has a new camera, I asked her to send a picture a day on an email.  She agreed.

I got good pictures from her until four days before she was due back in the US.  I didn't get any pictures.  For a couple of those last four days, I just thought she let it slide.

But then fears set in.  What if she was in a car accident? What if she was in the path of a terrorist? What if she were lost or kidnapped?

I had prayed for safety before she even went, and I know God doesn't waste prayers.  That didn't seem like enough.  I was having a hard time believing God would give her safety.

I tried to find Bible verses for comfort. I thought of Psalms 37 because it talks about getting your hearts desire, but the one that spoke to me was 37:7 that says "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." Mark 6:52 came to mind.  It explains why the disciples didn't have faith because "they considered not the miracle of the loaves." I needed to remind myself of prayers God had answered for me.

I talked to a friend of my mine that had similar problems with fear.  She said Satan uses fears of our imagination to use against us. She talks to herself to put those fears down.  I had to believe God would answer it just because I asked.

The end of the story was that my daughter emailed me shortly after she got back to the US. There had been areas with poor internet service.  She was fine and safe.  Nothing I feared had come true.

It must have been a time of testing to stretch my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment