Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Reaching a Relationship with Jesus



Photo by David Straight on Unsplash
Reaching a Relationship With Jesus

I grew up in a Christian home. The church taught the gospel correctly, including to have a personal relationship with Jesus.
What they did not teach was how to gain that relationship. How do you have a relationship with a God that you cannot hear, cannot see, and cannot touch? To me, it seemed like you had to become insane to believe you have a relationship with Him.
To know Jesus personally, I found I had to assume that I was truly saved, no matter how I felt.  I read the Bible every day, which I had to believe rather than my feelings.   I remembered Jesus said I was “born again.” Like a newborn baby, I did not know how to talk to Jesus. I could only cry when I felt a need.
I grew, as a baby grows to be a child, to understand more of the Bible.  I memorized verses which came to mind when needed. On occasion, three of things caught my attention.
            Remember Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment